[Tango-L] Respect

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 00:30:39 EDT 2010

----- Original Message ----
> From: Alexis Cousein <al at sgi.com>
>
> I understand something very "different" when I mean style. The
> style of embrace, the frame, the way you solve the obvious
> biomechanical conundrums together with your partner, the walk,
> the exact way in which your dance rhythm interacts with strong
> and weak beats and even melodic phrases, the way it all
> breathes, where the pauses are, how the leader invites
> adornos or doesn't, the exact timing, the selection of
> patterns that are used to assemble the dance,...

This just brings us back to the old arguement that every Tango
dancer on the planet has a different 'style', which means there
can be no discussion on the subject. Yes, everyone dances
differently but there are certainly recognisable different styles
of Tango and everybody here knows what they are. Why argue
otherwise, other than to try to stop the debate?

Jack