[Tango-L] floor craft -2

Tine Herreman tango-L at tangomuse.com
Thu Oct 7 09:26:44 EDT 2010

Hi all,

I have a 360 view like a radar because I do turn after turn, left and
right, combined with round ochos cortados, round side steps, rounded
everything.

I am a follower who leads. I am not afraid of a crowded floor. I am in
the outer lane at all times, preferably dancing in the wake of
somebody I trust (or somebody who by whatever strategy causes there to
be space around them :)), and when necessary I defend my ronda
position against aggressors using the bum nudge. I use the bum nudge
also on errant pedestrians who use the dance floor to get around or to
chat with each other, eg when the organizer neglects to leave a
walkway BEHIND the tables, causing pedestrians to clutter up the outer
lane.

It should not be necessary to overtake anybody if you have a good
position in the ronda. If you are behind an erratic driver who weaves,
zigzags or drift towards the middle, or who is clearly the cause of a
traffic jam, I say, overtake 'em.
Tine