[Tango-L] A conondrum of terms and labels in A.T.

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 28 01:25:34 EST 2010

> From: Mario sopelote at yahoo.com

>  I am  making the  ronda or line of dance as THE
> distinctive TRADITIONAL DANCE  feature of dancing to Traditional Argentine
>Tango
>
> Music.>

I'd shorten that to 'making the RONDA a feature of dancing traditional Argentine
Tango'.

If a ronda is formed, it automatically means that everyone is following the LOD.
But

I find it very common for dancers to follow the LOD but still not to form a
ronda - because
of the annoying habit of 'overtaking'.

Dancing on the spot is also a feature of traditional Argentine Tango - provided
it doesn't

disturb the ronda.

Jack