[Tango-L] Music preferences

Dave Schmitz dschmitz007 at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 28 20:26:47 EDT 2010

Hi Vince,

I by far prefer music with lyrics.

D'Agostino with Vargas, Calo with Beron, D'Arienzo with Maure or Echague, Di Sarli with Podesta or Rufino or Duran, Canaro with Charlo or Maida or Fama, Fresedo with Ray, Donato with Lita Morales either by herself or in a duo or trio, these are only examples of what gets me to jump up to dance.

The instrumentals are sometimes okay, but are lacking in the wondrous qualities of the human voice, the added dimension of the passions and stories in the lyrics, the sadness, sorrows, joys, the depth of feelings expressed, the aspects of humanity.

For me, acceptable exceptions would include Di Sarli instrumentals, when carefully chosen, or Pugliese instrumentals when I'm in the mood and have just the right partner.

But in general, I'm far more likely to jump up and dance to vocal selections.

Sincerely,
DJ Dave de Denver