[Tango-L] Maintaining LOD

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Wed Jan 13 07:04:02 EST 2010

hbboogie1 at aol.com wrote:

> Well put Charles in a perfect world we would  maintain the LOD but in the
> US I’ve only seen it happen in perfect conditions  and it only lasted a short
> time. I spend a lot of time watching and the one  thing that seems to screw
> up the movement of the floor the most is the stopping  for long periods of
> time for whatever reason. This seems to happen with all  levels of dancers
> and you can only rock and sway for so long behind one of these  idiots until
> you cannot stand it any longer and you break away to pass them.

The real idiots will stand still along the line of dance but also swerve
from left to right preventing you from passing them (I call them "the
windscreen wiper").

Just like a modern Louis XIV, they must be thinking "la ronda, c'est moi",
which undoubtedly becomes true for at least anyone behind them
(which eventually includes almost everyone).