[Tango-L] [SA] RE: San Diego close embrace Festival 2010

Sandhill Crane grus.canadensis at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 10 13:51:25 EST 2010

--- On Wed, 1/6/10, Tony Rathburn <webmaster at tonyrathburn.com> wrote:

> In reading the various comments and criticisms of the
> San Diego Tango Festival, I make no excuses for poor floor
> craft and bad navigation skills...
> regardless of style of dance...

> Then again... I've never been to a milonga... let alone a
> festival... where there were no examples of poor floor
> craft... including truly 'close embrace' events...

I have to wonder just how hard I am supposed to try.
Under the circumstances, you could have an enjoyable time
on the floor if you were either a Zen master of navigation,
or an oblivious, inconsiderate show-off. Most people are
neither -- I claim they, too, should be able to have
a good time without achieving Zen master status.