[Tango-L] why learn the eight count basic?

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 5 17:44:36 EST 2010

The problem is that once you get the 8 count with backstep into your
body, it's difficult to breakaway...becomes habit.
And the more you dance the more you will want to get away from that
backstep.
I prefer an 8 count where the number one is changing your weight to the
right leg...as described by Barbara. It works very well.
my o2