[Tango-L] Rate of movement on crowded floors

Sandhill Crane grus.canadensis at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 17 20:51:03 EST 2010

--- On Fri, 2/12/10, Trini y Sean (PATangoS) <patangos at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I would appreciate it if someone
> could post how things are at Valentango this year.

I was at Valentango. Navigation at the milongas was
somewhat better than other Portland festivals, but
still left a lot to be desired. On the main dance
floor, organizers put up signs telling people to
enter the floor at the corners, and put up a cordon
on one side to make a walkway where there wouldn't
have been otherwise. Also at least one of the instructors
devoted time in a beginner's class to talk about
navigation. Maybe they did other things I didn't notice.

So all of that is good. More of the same would help,
and it will take time to sink in, but those are
steps in the right direction.

Main problem I saw was the people who spent the
majority of every song whirling in place, with an
occasional lunge in a random direction. There was
a lot of that at every milonga. It really clogged
up the ronda.

I was told that I would fit in better in Ann Arbor.
So, how is the navigation at the Ann Arbor festivals?