[Tango-L] Naming figures and decorations

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 01:36:46 EST 2010

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 1:36 PM,  <HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com> quotes someone
from Argentina:
>  Los
> extranjeros nunca van a entender el significado verdadero del  tango. Se trata del
> abrazo, la coneccion con tu pareja y la musica. Nada  mas.

      Yay, more blanket generalization!

      Alas, this one is probably true for a majority of foreigners,
but then again, many do get it.  One of the things I like about Susana
Miller (who is Argentine) is that her answer to the question of, "Does
one have to be born Argentine to fully understand the tango?" in a
post workshop discussion was, "Absolutely not."

Huck