[Tango-L] Naming figures and decorations

HBBOOGIE1@aol.com HBBOOGIE1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 11 15:36:39 EST 2010

Tony
Alberto and Paulina Dassieu from BsAs  were visiting a couple of weeks ago
and we were discussing my tango teachers who  are from Rosario Claudio and
Veronica Rubio. After about seven years of private  lessons with them I have
now settled into my own style of dancing. Alberto gave  me a big smile and a
hug and congratulated me and said this is how tango should  evolve by
learning from a maestro and then making it your own. I am the same as  you I
never think about what name is put on a step or what numbers are put on a  beat,
I just dance.
Someone said on a previous post “are there only teachers  and students
dancing tango”?
There are tango dancers that are not  teaching and are no longer students
they are like me just dancing for the music  and for the partner. It is sad
to watch people dancing to show off for the  audience especially when the
audience doesn’t care and isn’t paying attention to  them anyway. Los
extranjeros nunca van a entender el significado verdadero del  tango. Se trata del
abrazo, la coneccion con tu pareja y la musica. Nada  mas.
Cheers
David y Gloria

In a message dated 2/11/2010 8:35:34  A.M. Pacific Standard Time,