[Tango-L] Type-A Tango Salon or Show ?

Gordon Erlebacher gerlebacher at fsu.edu
Sat Dec 25 10:56:20 EST 2010

Notice also the following differences between the two videos: in the second, there is the need of cramming in as many different types of steps as possible within the duration of the song. That in itself is not a characteristic of show tango, but is a characteristic of many dancers of the current generation. The older generation execute man variations on a small number of fundamental steps, thus leading to elegance, and continuity.

    Gordon