[Tango-L] Type A Tango

Steve Littler sl at stevelittler.com
Sat Dec 25 00:48:15 EST 2010

You can't really criticize the girl much from this. Its just practice
with her teacher. She's a beginner and a writer and has a passion that
will lead her to constantly improve and she is doing very well for a
beginner.

Most of the leads in B.A. at the milongas lead milonguero style. Until
late in the evening after half the people leave. Only then may you see
some salon style at crowded places. That is also when some show dancers
will come out and use a very open floor. But the old milongueros always
just walk and do small simple figures. (There simply is NO room to do
otherwise without injuring someone.)

This girl is seeking out different style teachers to find out what her
own style will be. No doubt she will eventually find her way to a
milonguero style teacher and explore that for a while.

Because of her passion to learn she will eventually become an
accomplished dancer and very pleased with her dancing. And will
eventually learn how to deal with all the drama and still have enjoyable
dances on her own terms.

More power to her for going direct to B. A at such an early point in her
Tango journey.

El Stevito de Gainesville