[Tango-L] Socio-ethical behaviour and protocol

Vince Bagusauskas vytis at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 17 17:02:33 EDT 2010

-----Original Message-----
From: tango-l-bounces at mit.edu [mailto:tango-l-bounces at mit.edu] On Behalf Of
Sergio Vandekier
Sent: Wednesday, 18 August 2010 12:39 AM
To: Tango-L List
Subject: [Tango-L] Socio-ethical behavior and protocol

>Is this so difficult to understand?

>Knowing all this, and I will say this with the most respect for your point
of view,... if you wish to dance tango as if it was fox-trot, please do and
have fun, but do not >try to understand our perspective, as this may be an
exercise in futility . People dance tango for many different reasons.

Sergio, maybe not all men from your parts approach tango in a scholarly and
with a pureness of the heart way adhering to some mythical codigo.  Some
approach it as a pick-up joint, hitting upon visitors in within a very short
time.  I have read literature about this "shark" behaviour happening,
warning women before they go.

It is not a behaviours unique to portenoes, I think.  I have seen it happen
in Australia on visitors.

Boys will be boys, no matter where you live.

Vince
In Melbourne