[Tango-L] Music preferences

Sandhill Crane grus.canadensis at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 9 13:59:56 EDT 2010

--- On Wed, 7/28/10, Vince Bagusauskas <vytis at hotmail.com> wrote:

> When you attend a milonga (or a
> practica for that matter) what proportion of
> the music do you want to hear with  lyrics?

I like vocal and non-vocal tracks more or less the same.
There are many good examples of each kind.
When I started dancing, I definitely liked non-vocals better.
Over time I began to appreciate vocals more.

I asked an Argentine woman once, does it seem strange to you
that foreigners dance tango? She answered that it seems
fine to her, except that they don't understand the words
of the songs.