[Tango-L] ¿Código -- historia?

Andy Ungureanu abungureanu at googlemail.com
Sun Oct 25 09:50:01 EDT 2009

Am 25.10.2009 02:19 schrieb Brian Dunn :
> http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=1138280
>
> It's thirty-five pages long, but for myself I hope some Francophone is
> motivated to harvest some small goodies through translation for the rest of
> us...

The paper is nice, but hard to translate. Maybe the author, who
undoubted dances tango and my even read this list could provide some
summary.
The main message IMHO is "The milonga *is* the code"
"The milongas without code will then quickly cease to be magical places,
up to finally looking much like the society around them. Competitive,
individualistic, socially and generational segregated, milongas will be
emptied of their meaning and of a certain social transcendence that
ultimately, makes them havens of beauty."

magical dances to all
Andy