[Tango-L] TANGO 2000 ............For DUMMIES

Anton Stanley anton at alidas.com.au
Fri Oct 16 23:44:29 EDT 2009

I'm afraid there's hardly a sentence in your last post which I find
agreeable Aron. Maybe the behavioural and psychological sciences differ in
our worlds. But the bottom line seems that you have difficulties accepting
that differing conclusions can be arrived at from the same experience. Your
BsAs example leaves me somewhat perplexed. I understood you were inferring
that BA people, due to their conditioning would feel more comfortable with
erratic space stealing dancers than those in most Western civilizations. By
"stealing" I mean charging into the free space ahead of you, which you had
begun to move into. My experience In BA would suggest they don't like it any
more than most Western dancers. If as you suggest that the fear of collision
is a western trait, then how come so many westerners indulge in extravagant
dancing with seemingly no stress related injuries. Obviously undue concern
about collision isn't an inherent trait. I believe that the only reason we
are discussing these issues, is not born out of bigotry or discrimination,
but simply because the number of people preferring to dance tango
extravagantly has grown to the point where many other dancers do not enjoy
them on the dance floor beside them. The question that begs an answer I
believe is why traditionalist are willing to examine the concept of
different milongas while it appears that non-traditionalists are not.

Anton