[Tango-L] TANGO 2000 ............For DUMMIES

Chris, UK tl2 at chrisjj.com
Sat Oct 17 06:39:00 EDT 2009

> The question that begs an answer I believe is why traditionalist are
> willing to examine the concept of different milongas while it appears
> that non-traditionalists are not.

The answer lies in the reason non-traditionalists attend traditional
milongas.

Jay wrote "a dancer who values impressing his partner".

Hereabouts, its "a dancer who values impressing his potential customers".

Almost all nuevo dancers found in trad European milongas are teachers.

I'll say that again.

Almost all nuevo dancers found in trad European milongas are teachers.

For them, a nuevo-only milonga would be about as much use as an
advert-only radio station.

Chris