[Tango-L] Fwd: side sacada

Bill Serve billserve at gmail.com
Wed May 13 19:55:55 EDT 2009

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bill Serve <billserve at gmail.com>
Date: May 13, 2009 5:45 PM
Subject: Re: [Tango-L] side sacada
To: "Nussbaum, Martin" <mnussbau at law.nyc.gov>

What I mean by direction of the sacada is the direction of the giro,
 to the leaders left or to the leaders right,  my point is that for a
 front sacada to either the front side or back step of the follower the
 leader sacadas with the same foot  as the direction of the turn, and
 for a side sacada he would sacada with the foot that is not in the
 direction of the turn.

 I believe that the leader must go in the direction of the follower to
 replace her foot position with you foot (isn't that what Sacada
 means?). If two people dancing together with each other in a circular
 motion go in different directions they will end up going away from
 each other (different circles) or will bang into each other (same
 circle different directions), so they must both go in the same
 direction or disconnect from each other.