[Tango-L] A pair of great walkers

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 16:10:55 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jun 17, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Keith Elshaw<keith at totango.net> wrote:

> So, I liked what this couple was doing. Very nice.
>
> And then I have a little criticism. Purely a personal reaction.
>
> Men who stick their left arm/hand up so high seem to me to be on kind of a
> trip. 3 inches lower and they would appear to me to have a little
> humility/modesty.

     I agree with Keith--while it's perfectly acceptable socially to
dance that way (I seem to recall Susana Miller teaching this, for one
other example), I personally have never been a fan of the Statue of
Liberty 90-degree look.  I much prefer the more classic angle of about
135 degrees as taught by most Argentines I've taken from.

     I try to avoid any angle less than 90 degrees since that turns
the leader's elbow into a weapon.  Unfortunately, I've seen
instructors dance that way as well.

Huck