[Tango-L] Aus International TangoFest

Noughts damian.thompson at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 21:31:25 EDT 2009

I agree with Pat completely on the perspectives of the participants...
 THEY all loved Daniel and Cristina... Apart from 1 person that I
spoke to - NOONE enjoyed the classes by Geraldine and Ezequiel.  They
were rude, arrogant and dismissive.  Attacking individuals (more
Ezequiel) and highlighting what individuals did wrong and not
correcting them in the centre of the class.... This was also the exact
same feedback that was received from all the Aussies that went to NZ
to have classes with them there.  Sad, but true.  I personally had
high expectations, they were completely shattered.

ON the other hand, if you wish to learn about Stage Craft,
Choreography, then Mario Morales was brilliant.  There was a little
too much 'us' time and I would have preferred more theory and examples
of theory - maybe video, but it was brilliant.  He coached the 2008
Stage winners and also 2 other couples in the top 20 of the Stage
final (escenario).  That in itself is a great achievement not to
mention the countless professional shows that he has done.

Damian