[Tango-L] Aus International TangoFest

Pat Petronio petronio at adam.com.au
Fri Jun 12 20:35:06 EDT 2009

Allow me to say that Cristina Sosa and Daniel Nacucchio, winners of World
Tango Championship (Tango Salon), Metropolitan Tango Championship (Tango
Salon), Metropolitan Tango Championship (Milonga) and the Japan Open (Tango
Salon) in 2008, were outstanding teachers and performers at the recent
festival.

As teachers, their lessons were well prepared & appropriate to the level of
workshop participants. Their workshops focussed on dancing that is
appropriate for the milonga, including musicality and codes of the
milonga.They communicated effectively, using humour appropriately, and they
were warm and very generous with their attention to participants, constantly
moving around and helping people, despite the popularity of their classes.

I should add that this view was shared by everyone I spoke to at the event.
To top it off, they're really nice people!

Here's a video of one of their winning performances
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrFwhYwIQ08&eurl=http://blog.t4ngo.com/

The festival organiser, Lilian Jimenez, is to be congratulated for bringing
them to Australia.

Patricia Petronio
Tango Salón Adelaide
www.tangosalonadelaide.blogspot.com