[Tango-L] Invitation and refusal

johnofbristol@tiscali.co.uk johnofbristol at tiscali.co.uk
Wed Jun 10 06:31:55 EDT 2009

> But that was not what I was talking about.  There were people here
saying that if a woman says no (for any reason, in any way), then  they
blacklist her.

It's not a question of blacklisting, but of taking no for an answer.
If a woman didn't want to dance with me 10 minutes ago, or last week,
or in November 1962, I assume she doesn't want to dance with me now. If
she has changed her mind, she can ask me - and I *never* turn any woman
down.

As for the other topic, of whether to ask someone else after having
been turned down: I never do. After all, I am saying: "My first choice
didn't want me, so I suppose I will have to make do with you." Instead
I would make for the bar as if that was where I was intending to go
anyway. The only time I break this rule is when I am in a place where
the dancing is on two floors, such as the old Cafe de Paris in London
or the Galax in Turku. Then I would go to the other floor, where my
rejection was not seen.

John Ward
Bristol, UK

Value your online security: Get 50% off Norton Security 2009 - http://www.tiscali.co.uk/securepc