[Tango-L] Is it Balls, or just a Heel?

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 5 10:46:17 EDT 2009

Hi Robin,
I've had this happen too. I just tell the dancer I want to dance with (
but cannot because I just turned someone down), that indeed I have just
turned somone down and that I hoped he would ask me the next tanda. I
kind of whispered it to him and he completely understood and did ask me
again that night.
Followers have the right to dance with whom they want, just as leaders
do when they chose to ask a particular person. There are times I have
said yes to someone because the situation was right, and no to the same
person because the situation wasn't right for me. If the decline comes
nicely, there is usually little fallout.
I.