[Tango-L] Is it Balls, or just a Heel?

robin tara robinctara at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 08:44:35 EDT 2009

Jack wrote:
"If a girl turns you down at a milonga, without a good reason, don't ask her
again. As you improve, it'll be her loss."

Dear Jack,

There are so many unexplainable reasons why a woman might refuse a dance
that it is unfair to blackball a woman because she won't dance with you at
that particular moment.

I remember a night when I had been waiting for a wonderful dancer to catch
my eye and ask for a dance. The moment he finally chose to ask was just
after I had declined to dance with a guy who is rough and abusive on the
dance floor. I had to say no - I had to risk the fate of never dancing with
him again because I was using proper milonga etiquette. And there was no way
to explain it.

So in the first case I turned down a guy and hoped he would never ask me to
dance again and in the second case I turned down a guy I would have happily
danced with all night.

How can a woman decline a dance and make sure the man understands that it is
not him, it is the particular circumstance?

Best,

Robin

http://www.taratangoshoes.com
http://www.tangotique.com