[Tango-L] Is it Balls, or just a Heel?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 20:55:31 EDT 2009

 Tango is a Man/Woman equation..anything done to modify that will fail to produce
THE Tango feeeeeling.  It is the guy who asks the girl to dance. He can be refused.
Some get refused at least once every night...it's hard. One good justify it to oneself
by saying..well, she's just a...  fill in the blanks but it withering and reduces the field
with which one can dance. Things get worse and worser for a close embrace guy dancer.
The woman can place her hand on his right shoulder saying: this close and no closer..
That hurts too. Self examination is always a problem; is there enough variety? Is the
embrace too much or too little? Am I not providing enough 'variety' ?  enough Nuevo??
Add to that, the fact that the guy has to drive the dance, he has to feeeeeeel it!
If he don't feeeeel it he won't do a good job dancing it..and so, he can't dance them all.
He has to wait.
 One hears a lot about how the guy has to 'take care of' the woman, provide safe space,
listen to her, etc. etc.... what about the care and feeding of the lead???? Is it any wonder
why there are so few gus around and why they drop to the wayside one by one????
Last nite, a woman remarked to me in a practica; "Move your right arm lower you are lifting
mine!"...hmm, that's a new complaint and so I asked " How tall are you?" in order to file the information and apply it where appropriate.."What does that have to do with anything?" I get back in an incredulous, pissed-off voice....do I dance with her again?  Am I stupid?