[Tango-L] What do you think?

Andrew RYSER SZYMAÑSKI arrabaltango at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Jul 26 14:36:33 EDT 2009

You don't need to be a professional dancer [or musician], indeed, you don't need to know anything about dancing to realise that they dance to the music about 5% of the time. The rest bears no relation. This is what makes it look clumsy. All that is missing is a tightrope.
Yes, the unrelated juxtaposition of sound and movement is a fad in Modern Dance going back well over 50 years, and worked pretty well for Cage & Cunnigham. But this is supposed to be tango......?
They picked the most undanceable piece by Piazzolla and used it as a backdrop. The poor man must be turning in his grave.

Andrew W. RYSER SZYMAÑSKI,
23b All Saints Road,
London, W11 1HE,
07944 128 739.