[Tango-L] What do you think?

Sergey Kazachenko syarzhuk at gmail.com
Sun Jul 26 13:13:38 EDT 2009

> but I also feel that to critique others, one should be at a certain level.. Are you at their level?

I strongly disagree with that. I do not need to be a professional
singer to be able to say that I like the voice of one singer and
dislike the voice of another. I do not need to be a heavy metal guitar
player to be able to say that I like Kirk Hammett's solos and dislike
Yngwie Malmsteen's. So I don't see why one should be a dancer at a
certain level to be able to critique others. For example, I know I am
many, many orders of magnitude below Chicho, and will never be; but it
doesn't mean I have to admire everything he does... most of the videos
of him that I saw were full of very complex and precise movements that
looked very fussy - like he was compromising the "tango feeling" for
the extra complexity, but the result wasn't quite satisfying.

Sergey

May you be forever touched by His Noodly Appendage... (
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster )