[Tango-L] What do you think?

Jack Dylan jackdylan007 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 26 12:37:36 EDT 2009

> From: Noughts <damian.thompson at gmail.com>
>
> According to Jack, this was not inspiring, but Jack, do you move as
> smoothly as they do?  Are you able to execute some of the most
> incredibly complex movements smoothly and without fault?  >

No, I'm not a professional, so of course I can't dance anywhere near their
standard and I'm guessing that's true of most of the people on this list.
But when they start to dance figures that are very similar to what I've seen
in latin dancing, especially Rumba [for shows, not competition], then they
should expect to be compared with the best latin dancers and not just tango
dancers. And, on that basis, IMHO, when attempting those figures, they're
not smooth, graceful or very skilful.

To even things up, when I see world class ballroom tango dancers try to use
elements from Argentine Tango, they also look very silly.

Jack