[Tango-L] Shocked

Jay Rabe jayrabe at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 26 13:24:39 EST 2009

One example: I was dancing with a relatively new follower, in close-embrace, and she was missing the cross. As is usually the case, she recognized it after the fact, because she felt our body positions out of alignment. As we were dancing, she asked, "I missed the cross, didn't I?" I said yes, and suggested she bend her standing knee a bit more and take slightly bigger back steps, which separates our feet a bit more and keeps her weight more forward, making the cross more likely as opposed to a back step when in the #4 position. You can call this teaching or coaching or whatever, but we didn't disrupt anyone, and she clearly asked for the advice.