[Tango-L] Pity the poor Milonguru

Donald Sinclair donald.sinclair at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 05:25:45 EST 2009

On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 11:02 PM, larrynla at juno.com <larrynla at juno.com> wrote:

> But eventually, she said, it got boring.  They were a little too good,
> a statement that puzzled me and does still.  When I tried to get some
> details that would clear up the issue she could not put her finger on
> the problem beyond saying she expected more, somehow, from milongueros.

My guess:
They are giving her exactly what they think she wants - so "her body
can follow, and her spirit can dance".
If she wants more (playfulness? fire?) out of them, she has to express that.
A good dancer will pick up on what their partner shows, and reflect
it, amplified, with their own interpretation,
in a virtuous circle.
Perhaps she has forgotten that women rule the world (so they get to
follow - a much more immersive experience), and part of being a
follower is building the leaders up towards what you want them to be.

Donald