[Tango-L] New entry fee into Argentina

Tango22 tango22 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 18:57:50 EST 2009

  "Michael" <tangomaniac at cavtel.net> wrote -

The Argentine government begins charging Americans an ENTRY fee into
the country. Americans already have to pay to leave the country. Now
you have to pay to enter. This is the epitome of the expression
"getting you coming and going.

Another view....
We are eternally grateful to Argentina for the gift of part of its
rich culture, Tango music and dance.  If it helps the people, we, from
a wealthy nation, are happy to contribute.  It is no fun living on the
street when you are 8 years old, even if a passing tourist sees it as
part of the rich tapestry of life.

If you want to help some more, you could organise one annual milonga
to contribute to the welfare of underprivileged children in and around
Buenos Aires.  It's called putting your money where your mouth is.
www.paralosninos.net.
John