[Tango-L] Nuevo Theory vs Practice: Creating a Social Nuevo

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Mon Dec 14 06:49:12 EST 2009

Jack Dylan wrote:
> Nuevoists have no emotional connection to be disturbed,

I assume you know that from experience, having probed the brain of everyone
dancing nuevo [ darn, everyone in Practica X needs to wear a tin foil hat ]?

Apart from stating that as a fact, any supporting evidence or arguments?

I'm not sure there's such a thing as "a nuevoist" (except as defined by someone
who craves to "belong" to a not-the-nuevoist-group as a mental crutch).

I usually am a neo-platonist in real life, but I'm not that rabid.

I was also unaware that a lack of emotional
connection was a property of any single style (if only it were...)

 > Is it possible for nuevoists to understand that?

Understanding the logic that leads you to that assertion is something
I confess evades me. But then, I do tend to stick to propositional logic. I assume
that makes me a "nuevoist*"?

--
*Ugh - why not use the more euphonic neuvisto?