[Tango-L] Nuevo Theory vs Practice: Creating a Social Nuevo

Sandhill Crane grus.canadensis at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 13 12:24:08 EST 2009

--- On Sun, 12/13/09, Jack Dylan <jackdylan007 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Nuevoists have no emotional connection to be disturbed,
> whereas for a milonguero, the emotional connection is the
> most important part of the dance. Is it possible for
> nuevoists to understand that?

Well, arguing about someone else's emotional experience is
essentially unresolvable; you are not them, so how do you
know what kind of experience they have?

I guess what you want is to be undisturbed in your dance
(it's what I want too, btw). Given that, what you & I should
ask from others is just: please don't cut across the line of
dance, please don't go against the line of dance, please
don't whirl like a blender, please don't kick me or my partner.
Whether they have the greatest emotional experience is their
problem, at least we can have ours.