[Tango-L] Fw: Astor Piazzolla & 50 Essential Tangos for $1.99 starting tonight

bettina maria bettinamaria7 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 12:25:22 EDT 2009

There are so many milongas now in BA and there is no such thing as
just "Nuevo" - there are many cross overs now ad I know some DJ's
that play a variety of all kinds of music - things are very differet
now than a few years ago, I have lived here 2 years and hear what is
being played, sorry. BA is not just old milongueros any longer since
awhile, many of those cannot even come anymore to the milongas as they
are too old and sadly, no longer able to dance.
Just this last week two new milongas have opened. There is a large new
generation now in Tango that dances traditional as Alternative and
Dj's are providing that. Things are changing - even in Buenos Aires.
And what I love here things are not that black and white, it is much
more organic. There is also no such thing as "the young" or "the old
milongueros" go into many Milongas here and it is all mixed.