[Tango-L] BsAs line versus World line of tango development

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Fri Aug 14 09:03:52 EDT 2009

--- On Thu, 8/13/09, Alex Long <alex at tangofuego.us> wrote:

> Last week when there was more activity on the subject,
> someone mentioned something about "extreme tango". I immediately thought of the (Winter) X-Games.

> I thought it could aptly be applied in the case of Nuevo
> and other tango based variants of Argentine Tango.
>
> X Tango. Or X-Tango. Or XTango.
>
> I took the liberty of creating a graphic. Here's the link:
> http://alextangofuego.blogspot.com/2009/08/xtango-by-alextangofuego-on-flick
> r.html

Hi Alex,

I like the name XTango, and it's a term that is being used by some tango groups.  Homer Ladas leads X-sessions, but his X stands for Exploration.  XTango could mean Exploratory Tango.  That would certainly be suitable and positive.  Thanks for doing the graphic, but I think it comes across as too negative (i.e. Not Tango).

Trini de Pittsburgh