[Tango-L] BsAs line versus World line of tango development

Alex Long alex at tangofuego.us
Thu Aug 13 20:09:11 EDT 2009

Hola Trini...

Last week when there was more activity on the subject, someone mentioned
something about "extreme tango". I immediately thought of the (Winter)
X-Games. I'm not sure, but I think it's a contraction or branding of
"Extreme Games".

I thought it could aptly be applied in the case of Nuevo and other tango
based variants of Argentine Tango.

X Tango. Or X-Tango. Or XTango.

I took the liberty of creating a graphic. Here's the link:
http://alextangofuego.blogspot.com/2009/08/xtango-by-alextangofuego-on-flick
r.html

And I still like Keith Elshaw's "Tango Tango" to describe the one, the true,
the legitimate Argentine Tango.

My two cents.

Alex