[Tango-L] Milonga music mix

Huck Kennedy tempehuck at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 13:16:10 EDT 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 11:41 PM,  <jb34528 at att.net> wrote:
> As Sergio Vandekier and Clay Nelson, among others, patiently explained, Argentine tango has been evolving. We should appreciate the wisdom of the Buenos Aires city fathers who obviously recognized that evolution. Why did they set the minimum of the traditional argentine tango music at 70% and not at 95% or 90%?

      Because they wanted to be sure to include all milongas (no
matter how weird) under their new regulations after that disastrous
fire a few years back.  I can assure you that these percentages had
nothing to do with "defining" Argentine culture, but rather enforcing
their new rules.

Huck, "how's that for patiently explaining"