[Tango-L] Milonga music mix

jb34528@att.net jb34528 at att.net
Wed Apr 29 14:38:28 EDT 2009

Huck,
Now it’s my turn to be patient :-). I do agree that the fire resulted in a flurry of regulations. So the milonga definition might have been included – as an “earmark”? In 2006, the last time I was in Sin Rumbo, there were no young people. The last time I was in Sunderland, there were no young people. At the same time Villa Malcolm, La Viruta, Practica X, do not care about the “milonga” designation. They are happy to have practicas and their venues are packed. That’s where the young generation dances. ( Viruta has practicas going till 5AM ) Could that be considered a writing on the wall? That’s where the wisdom of BsAs city fathers, IMHO, comes in – they wisely chose the compromise to protect the milonga business.
Jan
P.S.: Shakhrukh recently pointed out an inconsistency: on the La Viruta web page they write “milonga”, nevertheless, I consider the schedule distributed at the venue to be controlling.

-------------- Original message from Huck Kennedy <tempehuck at gmail.com>: --------------