[Tango-L] Report from Buenos Aires #5

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 11:21:41 EDT 2009

It seems to me that Michael's report confirms what a lot of people have been saying - that the dancing, specifically navigation, has grown worse in BsAs over the past few years.  Michael reported about a specific milonga.  It could have been, as some have suggested, a particularly bad night.  He hasn't said anything problems with the other milongas.  I've also spoken with someone living there who recently come back to the US for a visit.  One problem he noted was that the women were less discriminating now than what they used to be.  He doesn't go dancing anymore, and apparently, neither do some of the other, better dancers.

Given that quite a few people on this list have also acknowledge the recent problems in BsAs, I think attacking Michael for his dance skills was unnecessary.

Trini de Pittsburgh