[Tango-L] Report from Buenos Aires #4: Before you dance

larrynla@juno.com larrynla at juno.com
Sun Apr 19 22:38:27 EDT 2009

Thanks, Don Klein, on your link to batangoportal.com. It seems as if
its creator keeps it pretty up to date. I especially like the fact
that with a click of the button the info will display in several ways,
over the next 3-day, 7-day, etc. periods. And we can look at just the
practicas or milongas or classes or whatever.

I also love Tito Palumbo's batango guides. Because they are emailed in
PDF format I can print them out, mark them up, and take them with me
on a trip to BsAs. Online guides are great, but it's not always
(or often!) easy to use them on a trip.

Palumbo's guides are not just to milongas. They also tell you where
to buy stuff, find teachers, and musicians, and much more.

I also like the many advertisements. The milonga, etc., lists are
compact but give very little info. The ads give more, and sometimes
include photos of teachers which helps you when you go to the studio
and look around, wondering who to approach.

Larry de Los Angeles
http://ShapechangerTales.com