[Tango-L] The lead an invitation that may be ignored or faught. last note.

Sergio Vandekier sergiovandekier990 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 30 12:49:50 EDT 2008

As we say:  "There is no worse blind that the one that refuses to see, or worse deaf than the one that refuses to hear".

I have been very clear in my opinion with respect to leading and following, I do no see any point in re-iterating concepts or in getting personal with only one person that distorts and twists everything that is said.

I entirely agree with Jack Dylan's idea of "plan B".  I normally call this "Plan B" "compensating", this is correct; if a lady makes a misinterpretation of a lead then the man compensates (this is what Gavito means by "I follow") and she does not even notice that she did not follow the intended lead.

When this situation arises it is always because I hesitated or changed my mind half way in the middle of a lead. This is perceived by the woman as her mistake and she will invariably apologize.

As to being the "navel of the world" "En el pais de los ciegos el tuerto es rey" ...in the world of the blind the one eyed man is the king.

Best regards, Sergio