[Tango-L] Social rejection

Megan Pingree meganpingree at comcast.net
Mon Sep 29 21:37:22 EDT 2008

On Sep 29, 2008, at 5:05 PM, Nina Pesochinsky wrote:
> ... it is much better to reject a person's dancing, but not the
> person.  This requires charm.
>
> Rejection is unavoidable.  What makes a difference is how it is
> delivered.  If you remember that each grown up person is just a kid
> in a big body, you will know how to make your choices in a kinder way.

Case in point:   I will never forget watching Cecilia Gonzales turn
down a verbal invitation to dance.  She looked the guy square in the
eyes, had a huge gracious smile on her face, a friendly twinkle in
her eye, and said "no thank you" .  I had the feeling that he walked
away thinking, "Cecilia gave me such a warm smile!"
:-)
Megan Pingree