[Tango-L] To Dance -- or Not to Dance: That is the Question

Michael tangomaniac at cavtel.net
Mon Sep 29 05:43:20 EDT 2008

Nina is correct about rejection so I'll clarify what I wrote. I was referring to women who I dance frequently (or used to dance frequently.) They don't improve nor have any desire to improve. They are difficult to lead because their frame continues to get in the way, milonga after milonga after milonga so it's not one time.

Dancing with strangers is different. I've been pleasantly surprised sometimes. I feel everybody deserves one tanda and THEN make up your mind if you want to dance again. I'm not suggesting NEVER dance with some people.

There comes a point where we decide "is it enjoyable with person X?" My former teacher, who used to DJ a popular milonga in Washington, DC on Friday nights,  told me that women would complain to him about their last partner's terrible dancing ability, as if he was supposed to do something about it. He said "If you don't like dancing with him, why do you continue to dance with him?"

Michael
I'd rather be dancing Argentine Tango