[Tango-L] Lead an invitation that can be ignored or faught

Ilene Marder imhmedia at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 28 14:47:59 EDT 2008

I once asked a very good, very well known dancer who had asked me to
dance several times and was very complimentary, why he didn't dance with
me anymore.
he said... basically..." look at who you are dancing with...some of them
are not very good and they don't make you look very good.  If I dance
with you next, it makes me look bad..."  he told me most good dancers-at
least in Buenos Aires, think like that. I have found that to be true.
 because I wanted to continue dancing with him, I became much more
choosey ...it was difficult at first, but well worth it, in terms of the
dance.
I have many friends who I like but it doesn't mean I want to dance with
them.

Jack Dylan wrote:

Wow, some of you guys are tough. It seems that Sean will not only not
dance with women who are not good dancers but with women who agree
to dance with men who are not good dancers. It makes me feel a little sorry
for the nice ladies who agree to dance with me :-). Does it mean they will
miss out on dancing with the very best dancers?