[Tango-L] Tergiversar = to distort, twist

Alexis Cousein al at sgi.com
Fri Sep 26 06:46:28 EDT 2008

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) wrote:

> Here, we can see the difference in this discussion.
 > A more skilled follower

You're assuming that in actual practice what you4re trying to describe and what he's describing are
different, and implying skill levels you don't have personal knowledge of.

> would suggest an over-rotation and allow you to lead her against the LOD or to a back sacada
 > or something completely different.  If she's really good, she might even make you think that
 > it was your idea in the first place.

I'm in complete agreement.

>  But at any point, she should be able to stop and allow you to do something else or
 > continue with your original plan.  Otherwise, she's backleading.

Not only is she backleading, but she's backleading *badly*. As I have always posited
that a leader should always be attentive to the responses to his (strong) invitation,
it would be ridiculous to deny that the same holds -- and much more strongly --
for the follower's suggestions.

We got enough bad leaders (at least in these parts). The last thing we need is to
"compensate" them with an equal number of bad backleaders ;).

Alexis Cousein                                  al at sgi.com
Senior Systems Engineer/Solutions Architect     SGI/Silicon Graphics
--
<If I have seen further, it is by standing on reference manuals>