[Tango-L] Tergiversar = to distort, twist

Trini y Sean (PATangoS) patangos at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 13:45:52 EDT 2008

--- On Thu, 9/25/08, David Thorn <thorn-inside at hotmail.com> wrote:

Spose that she sees that the floor behind me is clear (we DO NOT run into people or even threaten to!!!) and wants to play a little.  She might
> over-rotate, stepping into me, and compelling my receiving
> step to actually be counter LOD.  She has even been
> known to WAY over rotate and back secada my left (leaving)
> foot as I step to receive her ocho.

Here, we can see the difference in this discussion.  A more skilled follower would suggest an over-rotation and allow you to lead her against the LOD or to a back sacada or something completely different.  If she's really good, she might even make you think that it was your idea in the first place.  But at any point, she should be able to stop and allow you to do something else or continue with your original plan.  Otherwise, she's backleading.

Trini de Pittsburgh