[Tango-L] front ochos or crosses in close embrace?

Bruce Stephens bruce at cenderis.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 25 17:47:43 EDT 2008

Mario <sopelote at yahoo.com> writes:

> I am focusing on the front crosses or front ochos however they are
> called in close embrace.
>   Viz: Eduardo Masci and Maria are doing a lot of them here:
>   http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=jdbpjesqFpI

> They are not easy but anyone having a suggestion or seeing a way
> to make it happen...  It often feels to me that there is not
> enough room to do them in close embrace.

> At least it is difficult for me and my practise partner. I open a
> bit more for her to do them.

Some (obvious, I hope) suggestions.

1. Don't worry.  If you can't do this particular movement, take it as
   an opportunity to explore other possible movements.

2. In particular, nothing wrong with ocho cortado.

3. What do you mean by "not enough room"?  If you mean that your
   partner's body needs to turn more and that seems uncomfortable,
   then perhaps your body isn't moving enough, or perhaps hers could
   move less (using more dissociation).  If you mean your legs or feet
   are in the way, then move them out of the way (i.e., step back a
   little), or start off with your feet further away from your
   parter's.

[...]