[Tango-L] front ochos or crosses in close embrace?

Tomasz Dymek tomek at rabarbar.eu.org
Tue Sep 23 13:38:15 EDT 2008

Mario pisze:
> I am focusing on the front crosses or front ochos however they are called in close embrace.
>   Viz: Eduardo Masci and Maria are doing a lot of them here:
>   http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=jdbpjesqFpI
>   They are not easy but anyone having a suggestion or seeing a way to make it happen...
>   It often feels to me that there is not enough room to do them in close embrace.

First You have to define close embrace. There are some theories about that.
Someone can tell that close embrace is when couple is dancing with their
chests mostly touching. But if they want to do some steps like forward ocho
they make the embrace slightly relaxed. The other theory is that real close
embrace is when there is slight tension or push toward the other partner and
  couple is maintaining this tension all the time (some people call this way
of dacing "apilado"). I this case forward ocho is hard or impossible without
loosing contact. To maintain contact You do ocho cortado instead of forward
ocho.

PS. Sorry for poor English.

--
                                        Tomasz Dymek (tomek at rabarbar.eu.org)