[Tango-L] front ochos or crosses in close embrace?

Mario sopelote at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 23 09:30:41 EDT 2008

I am focusing on the front crosses or front ochos however they are called in close embrace.
  Viz: Eduardo Masci and Maria are doing a lot of them here:
  http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=jdbpjesqFpI
  They are not easy but anyone having a suggestion or seeing a way to make it happen...
  It often feels to me that there is not enough room to do them in close embrace.
  At least it is difficult for me and my practise partner. I open a bit more for her to do them.
  The thing that has me curious is that I tried it one time with a different partner and she did
  it perfectly from a turn to the right side, ocho cortado style. I didn't feel like I opened at all
  but maybe I did.....I noticed that I hit a left forward step hard and rebounded to my right and then a right side step hard and rebounded back towards forward to end the turn to the right..the momentum was important, I figured.
  so, now I know that it can be done..I'm just asking for any of your thinking on   this topic. If I could add these turns to the right and left along with the sweeping
  reversals of the woman back in the original direction...wow, I'll be home!
  http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=jdbpjesqFpI