[Tango-L] Tergiversar = to distort, twist

David Thorn thorn-inside at hotmail.com
Thu Sep 25 14:38:01 EDT 2008

Trini wrote:
>> A more skilled follower would suggest an over-rotation and allow you to lead
>> her against the LOD or to a back sacada or something completely different.

I don't know how you know my regular partner's skill level.
I mentioned in a prior post that I can lead with clarity(?), and she will follow precisely what I lead.
If I don't open the door for her to choose to over rotate, she doesn't do it.
If I haven't opened the door for her to choose the back sacada, she doesn't do it.
And indeed, she often does suggest things for me to lead, which suggestion I may accept or not.
But generally I do because I find that level of conversation to be a very fun part of the dance.

The point of my post was to provide a simple example to Mario of a different form
of interaction than the "I talk and you listen one" that is often presented.

Perhaps you could provide a better and clearer example that a new dancer could easily understand???

Cheers,

David